Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Network problem when there is no network

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Network problem when there is no network

I’m getting the following message when trying to open a file I created yesterday.

“The database HardestyConsulting could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available. It may be necessary to disable any firewall on your computer or the server.”

This is a single user version on my home computer using Windows XP Home SP3. I’ve already disabled the Windows firewall.

Anyone have an idea of the solution?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author DuggoH
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Network problem when there is no network

The most common cause for this message is that the Microsoft SQL Server services are not running.  Generally speaking, rebooting the computer (without applying updates) will resolve this but for more indepth information visit this article: Database could not be accessed

The steps for checking the services are titled "The SQL Server Browser and/or SQL Server (ACT7) services are not started or is disabled".

You may have to go through all of the steps to determine the cause if the services are already in Started status.

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author DuggoH
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Network problem when there is no network

The most common cause for this message is that the Microsoft SQL Server services are not running.  Generally speaking, rebooting the computer (without applying updates) will resolve this but for more indepth information visit this article: Database could not be accessed

The steps for checking the services are titled "The SQL Server Browser and/or SQL Server (ACT7) services are not started or is disabled".

You may have to go through all of the steps to determine the cause if the services are already in Started status.

Greg Martin
Sage