Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Network Issue

SDB

Network Issue

I had several computers on a network before I closed my office. The ACT database was moved from the server/ workstation to my laptop successfully but I had to sign-in as the original server/ workstation user. When trying to sign-in with my profile there was an error message that there were not enough licenses, I suspect from research this was a .pad file issue but the database was fine so I went along my merry way.

Recently I found a need to sync my PDA with ACT which I had not done since dismantaling the network, it does not work. I suspect it is the way the network was dismantled or an issue with the tcp/ip protocal as it is now set on my laptop to obtain automatically. This is a requirement of the new wireless router I am using to obtain internet.

The PDA is talking to the laptop as the sync windows appear and according to the log all is fine, however the contacts and activities were stripped off the PDA on the first sync and I changed the default setting for the laptop to overwrite the PDA but the data is not going back into the PDA. Need some help on how to fix the conflict.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Network Issue

What version of ACT! are you using?

Are you using a Pocket PC (Windows) or Palm device?

Which software are you using to sync ACT! and you handheld (ACT Link for Palm, ACT Link for Pocket PC, ACT for Palm)?

Does the sync log indicate any errors specifically for ACT!?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.