Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Need your HELP with client referrals

Need your HELP with client referrals

I've asked for the community's HELP on this topic previously but received no replies....please respond, I really appreciate any advise or suggestions you may have!

Our small office needs to keep up with referrals (potential clients referred to our practice along with business alliances we send referrals to).  We will compile a report on these incoming and outgoing referrals from time to time.

Is this idea something that Act! is capable of handling?  I have searched and searched through the help section for any ideas but came up empty.  FYI, we have 2008 Act, Version 10. 

Thanks!  

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Need your HELP with client referrals

Yes. You would need to modify your database design to provide the tracking and then create the appropriate custom reports.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy,

Thanks for your response, I'm relieved to find out that we are indeed able to track our referrals.  However, can you please elaborate on how to "modify our database"?  Is this a difficult task to accomplish or is it as simple as creating a drop-down list or other similar task.  I've searched the Act! help section for database modification and found nothing even close so if you will just point me in the right direction...

Thanks again!

Platinum Elite Contributor

The actual process of modifying a database is fairly simple mainly involving adding the appropriate fields and then modifying a layout to display and allow entry in those fields. What's more complicated is determining the best way to modify your database to improve your productivity. You might want to consider contacting an ACT! Certified Consultant to access your needs and help with the modifications.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129