Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Need to move program to another computer

Need to move program to another computer

I have to use a different computer now and need to figure how to get my program and files to new computer.  Is there a way to do this without buying another subscription?  I have version 16.0

thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Need to move program to another computer

Install the ACT! program on the other computer. On the first computer dackup the database using the ACT! backup and move the backup file to the new computer and do a restore as with a new name for the database. ACT! is licensed to the user not the machine.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

thanks. I should have mentioned that purchased online from Swift.  Can I go on and install as long as I have all my serial and authorization numbers?

Yes, three activations are allowed before you would need to call for an activation.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

sorry to be a pain. But cant locate how to download on another computer.  Im on website and all I can see is how to buy a new program or hot fixes...

If you had the original download link you could use that. You can also contact Swiftpage or an ACC and they can assist with getting you the download. However the easiest may be to check the hard drive on the computer where ACT! is installed. Look for C:\ACT. If you find that copy that folder to a flash drive. That would be the extracted install image and you can plug the flash drive into the new computer and check the files on the flash drive for a Setup.exe. Launch that and you should get the install screen. Good luck. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129