Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Need to move database from one computer to another

Need to move database from one computer to another

I am using ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 3. I am a novice user. I created a database on my home computer and copied it to a flashdrive. I want to be able to view that database on my work computer as well. I downloaded ACT on my work computer, but can't figure out how to open the database.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Need to move database from one computer to another

Do you want to try to use the database on both systems? Then you'll need to set up sync ... don't try to use a flash-drive for this

You also can't just copy a SQL database... to move it to another machine, you need to use backup and restore

Thank you Mike. I created a list of addresses, names, phone, etc. I don't plan to make changes to it. I just want to view this info on my work computer as well as my home computer. What do you mean by backup/restore? I back it up on my home computer, save it to a disc, then restore it on my work computer? 

Mike: Thank you. The backup/restore worked. However, when I open the detail view of  a contact, the tabs are all the way on the bottom of my screen so I cannot read the contents in each tab. So the notes I have taken for a certain client are there, I believe, but I can't see them. Is there a remedy for this? Thank you again.

Probably just need to move your mouse till you find the middle divider and slide it up

you're a genius. thank you