Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Need to move Act! folder

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Need to move Act! folder

[ Edited ]

My Act! folder is presently in My Documents , and I need to move it to another location. What is the safest way to go about doing this? I have Act! 2009 on Vista.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author vincenzo
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Need to move Act! folder

You'll need to re-configure the ACT! Scheduler

You can change the account that the ACT! Scheduler users in Services.msc

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

Thanks for that link.

Once I move the database, will the backup that I have scheduled to run nightly place the backup file in the new location, or does the Act! Scheduler need to be reconfigured?

I ask this because I have tried on and off for the last year to reconfigure the Act! Scheduler and it continually give messages saying that I need to run the Scheduler as an Administrator, but running Act! itself as administrator is not good enough for it. And I've never figured out how to run the Scheduler as administrator.

Solution
Accepted by topic author vincenzo
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

You'll need to re-configure the ACT! Scheduler

You can change the account that the ACT! Scheduler users in Services.msc
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the help.

I went into Services.msc. On the log on tab I entered the administrator account, which is the account that we use Act! in, as well as the password.

I also stopped and restarted the service. But when I try to change the Scheduler, it still says "you must run the Act! Scheduler as an administrator."  It says to find it in Start/Program Files and right click and run as admin. But the Scheduler is not shown there, only Act itselft is there.

I took a look in the Program Files folder in the root of the C: drive, thinking that may be what they meant. I see several files in the Act! folder in there labeled Act.Scheduler, but none of them can be run either.

I've also gone to  C:\programData\ACT\  and set permissions to Full Control for all the users shown. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bronze Super Contributor

Just for clarification - the Administrator account needs to be a Windows Administrator account - i.e - an admin user profile in the operating system, not the Act! Admin.

Also, setting permissions on the folder is not the same thing - that setting has to do with what Windows users can access/read/write the files contained therein...

The scheduler program is Act.Scheduler.UI.exe (at least in ACT! 2011) and it is located in the main ACT! installation folder.

Oh, and in Vista or Win 7, if you turn off User Account Control, typically these issues are cleared up  (Be aware of the pros and cons of doing this before you actually do so.)

Copper Contributor

mscott821 wrote:

Also, setting permissions on the folder is not the same thing - that setting has to do with what Windows users can access/read/write the files contained therein...

The scheduler program is Act.Scheduler.UI.exe (at least in ACT! 2011) and it is located in the main ACT! installation folder.

Ok thanks.

So what is it that you are recommending that I do regarding  Act.Scheduler.UI.exe  if not permissions?

Thanks

Copper Contributor

Disabling UAC did make the error message go away. I made my changes to the schedule and turned UAC back on.

But upon looking in the backup folder, I see that there were backups made over the last few days, meaning that even though Scheduler error messages were implying that the changes were not saved, apparently they were - thanks to the change to the log on tab of Act! Scheduler service, i am assuming. Not really sure at this point.

Thanks to all for the help.