Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Need to Keep My Finger on the Button with add on FieldCalc

Copper Contributor

Need to Keep My Finger on the Button with add on FieldCalc

A new Act user who has recently bought 'add on' to calculate fields.

There is an option to place a button on the user screen by creating 'text label' like this:

tc/Copy/Copy

Problem:

The button does not anchor at the insertion point so when you scroll down the screen the button will occasionally reappear further down the user screen.

Just wondered whether anyone else has had this problem and whether there is a fix.

Also a little concerned that I keep reading articles that Act is Sloooooowwww.  Is this really the case.  I haven't imported our database yet from Goldmine but have spent the last month preparing database for import.  Still need to spend another two months on this project before importing data so would appreciate some feedback.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Need to Keep My Finger on the Button with add on FieldCalc

You would need to contact the add-on vendor for this.

ACT! shouldn't be slow if you have enough RAM and a reasonably fast hard drive.

To import Goldmine, you can try MigrateAdmin - http://www.glcomputing.com.au/main/39/1
vv

Couple more calculation add-ons :

Abacus for Act software

Field Calculator

Avid Listener

I might add that I have been using Abacus (linked above in vv's post) and it works great -- with no reduction of speed or other negative impact on ACT.  (BTW, in addition to calculating fields, Abacus can add first and last names into one field, rewrite fields, etc.) Abacus doesn't enable you to place specific buttons on your layouts like Exponenciel's app does, but it's not a problem for me, as you can easily call up your procedures from its one menu icon.

I have found ACT to be very slow if you have 512MB of RAM (although defragging helps a little), but it works fine for me with 1GB or 2GB of RAM.