Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Need to Delete Problem Email from Outbox...

Need to Delete Problem Email from Outbox...

[ Edited ]

Hello!

My name is Jenn, and I'm new to this forum, though I have been using ACT! for the small business that my husband and I run for approximately 3 years. I tried calling ACT! (or Sage I guess) direct today for my issue, they told me I am not eligible for support, and needed to use the website to try and find an answer. So, I thought I would try the forum out.

I am using ACT! 2005 for Windows, and yesterday I sent an email reply to a client, with their original message included in the body of my reply. Their original message was actually sent from a property listing website, and my client said they couldn't type anything in that message, as the sending website would not allow it. I hit "send" on my reply, and the email went to the Outbox for sending, but after about 3 seconds I get the error message "ActEmail.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvience", and then my email shuts down. I am now on a never-ending loop with this problem, as every time I open the email, it tries to send my reply that is sitting in my outbox, which apparently causes an issue that makes my email shut down. The only way I can keep it from shutting down is to click "work offline" as soon as I bring the email up, which stops the outbox from trying to process that problem email. My quandary is that I cannot figure out a way to delete or remove that email from outbox. It always shows up in italics, indicating that it is in the process of being sent, and when it's in that status I can't delete, move, or do anything with it. In the past, if ACT! didn't like a particular email I was trying to send, it would start out trying to send it (and it would show up in italics), and then it would convert back to regular text and just sit there, and I could delete or move it.

I have tried changing the email configuration to Outlook (I am currently using Internet Mail), but that is causing more problems, as I use Outlook for my home/personal email address and not business, and when I tried this it just mixed both email addresses together and combined my inboxes. Anyway, I am hoping someone might have a suggestion for me, as I am stuck!

Thanks in advance, I appreciate it!

Jenn

Message Edited by asifken on 08-21-2008 12:37 PM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Need to Delete Problem Email from Outbox...

Asifken,

It is possible that when you crashed sending an e-mail, that you may have corrupted your e-mail database.  Here is a link to the Act! Knowledge Base that may help you: Answer ID 16619.

MrWright

No, do not follow the knowledge base article for this issue.  The KB only applies if you have a suspect messagestore.  Deleting your existing messagestore will delete your existing internet mails.

Sounds like the email in the Outbox is corrupted.  Jenn, please check your private messages (yellow envelope in upper right) .

David was there a solution to this problem?  I have the same issue.  Is there a file for outbox that I can delete to remove the mail message?