Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Need some help in organizing my ACT DB - Creating Companies from a slew of Contacts

Need some help in organizing my ACT DB - Creating Companies from a slew of Contacts

Recently I imported an existing DB into my ACT2007. I gained 2000 individual contacts and no Company Profiles. Essentially what I am looking for is the ability to create a company list from all of my existing contacts, and once that has been done, take all of my existing "secondary contacts" and give them their own contact profile under the appropriate Company Profile.

This should eliminate much of my frustration with this product.   Can anyone please provide guidance on how I can get this done.  I have checked the Link between Comapny and Contact fields and the approriate field do have the Link radio button/check box selected. Not sure how to get this to work. Thanks

TMK
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Need some help in organizing my ACT DB - Creating Companies from a slew of Contacts

To batch process the creation of company records from contact records, you would need the addon utility  available from this link.

I don't know of anyway, including an addon, that would batch promote secondary contacts to primary contacts.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com