Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Need help setting up email for Act 2010 with windows 7

Need help setting up email for Act 2010 with windows 7

I just downloaded Act 2010 and I cannot get the email to work. My standard email I use on this computer is Windows Live Mail.

The only option in setting up email on act is to click the box that says Internet mail. So i did that and set all of my email settings but I get error messages when testing settings. The only thing it gives a green light to is network connection. It fails at incoming and ougoing connections. How do i get this corrected?

Thanks

Re: Need help setting up email for Act 2010 with windows 7

When I go to setup the email it also says that Outlook is not my default email or it cannot handle the email. Is there a way to fix this so i can set the email to use Outloook?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Thanks , non of that helped.

Strange that a program designed in this day and age would have a problem emailing.

Anyone else know how to get 2010 email to work with Windows 7 ?

It doesn't have a problem emailing... but sometimes the Outlook keys are not correctly written that ACT! needs

Is Outlook set up and can you use it?

How you made sure it's the default email client?

I have Outlook 2000 installed although I do not use it . i use windows live mail as my main email program.

Act will not setup Internet Mail either, not just Outlook.

ACT! 2010 can't use Outlook 2000 ... and I don't think Outlook 2000 is compatible with Windows 7

ACT! also can't use Windows Live Mail

Platinum Super Contributor

You mentioned that you set up Internet Email and it fails.  Below is a link with the steps and requirements for it's use.  It may not be working because your mail server uses non-standard ports (25 & 110).  Requirements and Instructions for setting up Internet Email
Greg Martin
Sage