Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Need help from any realtors out there using Act!

Copper Contributor

Need help from any realtors out there using Act!

Any realtors using Act! I am currently doing customization to V.14 and having a difficult time choosing where to place properties for sale. Neither Contacts or Opportunities seem to be a good fit.

Anyone found a solution or a add-on I can use?

Thank you in advance.

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Need help from any realtors out there using Act!

David, I would recommend using one of the custom table utility programs.  That way, you could keep track of the properties without having 10 fields each set aside for subdivision preference, housing style, school district, etc.  TopLine Results (http://toplineresults.com/) and Durkin Computing (http://durkincomputing.com/) are two that come to mind.  You can also contact any ACT! Certified Consultant (http://na.sage.com/Sage-ACT/Partners/certified-consultants) and they would be glad to help.  It is a bit like real estate -- you can sell your house yourself, but is that the best solution?  You can design the database yourself, but is that the best solution for you and your business?  Brenda

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)
Copper Contributor

Thank you for your suggestion, it is an option I am considering but I need to resolve one basic problem very soon.

Could you suggest how to reference listings?

I often have one contact (either buyer or seller) with a number or properties (listings) either sold or on the market. I have tried to treat a group for each listing but then I am not able to include fields that allow me to create sub groups, Smart Tasks or queries.

I was thinking about using Companies but I am now sure that would work? Opportunities doesn't see to be a good fit?

Platinum Elite Contributor

What you have is a classic need for a one-to-many table. A custom table would fill that need. Using either Topline Designer or Durkin tables you would create a subtable to the contact table that would allow you to enter each property on a separate line so that you could have any number of properties listed for each contact. The table would be designer with fields appropriate to your tracking needs

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Sounds good provided it would then be possible to include the same set of for each property as for example "Listing Date" and "Closing Date". Then I would like the ability to run Query's and Smart Tasks triggered by say Listing Date and Closing Date ranges or any other field in the Subtable/Property.

Can this be done?

Platinum Elite Contributor

I'll give a guarded yes. The listing date and closing date would simply be separate fields in the custom table. I've worked more with Topline designer and I know that one does allow running queries in the custom table. Smart tasks is the question mark because I've never had occasion to these one that included fields in the custom table. I think it should work.
The custom table capability is built into the ACT! program and nay tables added become part of the database. The third party plugins provide the user interface to create and manage the custom tables created.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Thank you, very helpful information.