Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Need help disable calendar activity sharing option with users

Need help disable calendar activity sharing option with users

Hi,

Need help to disable calendar activity sharing among users in ACT 2011?

Our main usage of ACT is to share the same contact database among 4 ACT users, but we do not need to see each other's calendar activity.  For example, when I search one of the user's name activities section on the bottom of the page, I could see every scheduled activities of that user.

I know there is an option to schedule activity private by clicking the private box on the bottom left corner, but we do not want to see any information listed under this section at all.  There is no need for us to see if the person is out of their desk or not in office all the time.

Please help!

Thanks,

Kat

Astute Commentator

Re: Need help disable calendar activity sharing option with users

Kat -

This is actually a feature that most people are looking for in a CRM - a shared calendar.  You can't turn off the shared calendar, but you can filter on only yours.  On the Calendar View or the Task List view, you can click the "Select Users" button.  From there, choose the users you'd like to view.  Or, in your case, only you.  This will work any where you see the "Select Users" button.  Hope that helps. 

Michelle Scott
TrilogyCRM
mscott@trilogycrm.com
www.trilogycrm.com
Platinum Elite Contributor

You can select (in Preferences) to make all new activities default to Private... but other users will still see the activities as "Busy"

I think another way that might do it would be to use sync and only sync one user to each remote ...
Copper Contributor

I am using ACT! Premium 2013 and notice that my standard users can schedule meetings for others. This is creating a problem. Is there anyway to turn that capability off?

Copper Contributor

No, these are standard users. I had checked their permissions, all are allowed to view, none are allowed to schedule yet when I go to one of my users machine, he can schedule for me. I think he may have inadvertently done so many times.

Doesn't matter which machine ... it's a matter of the login

If you open any activity and click "Scheduled By", it will show which user scheduled it

You can also Customise Columns on the Task list to display that field there
Copper Contributor

I do realize it doesn't matter which machine, I just went to his because he was already logged in. I have customized my columns on the task list and have seen his name as scheduling many activities. And, if I try to schedule a meeting on his machine, as him, it allows me to schedule for another. That's what I'm trying to prevent.

Try changing him to restricted and see if it still happens...

If poss, also try with a standard/restricted user in demo db

Also post the exact version/build (from Help | About) and I'll try to get the time to test it ... haven't looked at that function for a bit