Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Need help creating new database from old info

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Need help creating new database from old info

I am working on cleaning up our ACT! database.  I have created a group called "Inactive."  I would like to take all of those entries and delete them from the active database, while exporting them to a new, different database.  I am having the following issues that I hope you can help with. (1) How do I create a report of contacts which have not been active since 2002?  I created a report of those with activity from 2003 and am now cross-referencing, but there has to be a better way than cross-referencing a close to 3,000 pages PDF with close to 9,000 contact entries! (2) Once I do the above, is there a way to automatically take those inactive contacts and remove them from the current database into a new one? (3) Failing #2, can I take the members of a certain group and move them into their own database, automatically deleting them from the source database? I really appreciate all your help. Thank you so much, Aliza

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author aliza
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Need help creating new database from old info

[ Edited ]

Aliza,

You can do a lookup on the Edit Date field for contacts that haven't been changed since a certain date. 

Go to the Lookup menu and select Other Fields...

Find Edit Date in Look in this field drop down list.

Use the following criteria for Search For - On or Before:  12/31/2002

This will do a lookup of all the contacts that haven't been edited since 12/31/2002.

Then you can export the current lookup to your other database.

How to Export Your ACT! Database to Another ACT! Database

Message Edited by dlunceford on 07-22-2008 10:43 AM

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author aliza
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

[ Edited ]

Aliza,

You can do a lookup on the Edit Date field for contacts that haven't been changed since a certain date. 

Go to the Lookup menu and select Other Fields...

Find Edit Date in Look in this field drop down list.

Use the following criteria for Search For - On or Before:  12/31/2002

This will do a lookup of all the contacts that haven't been edited since 12/31/2002.

Then you can export the current lookup to your other database.

How to Export Your ACT! Database to Another ACT! Database

Message Edited by dlunceford on 07-22-2008 10:43 AM

Thank you so much!  The search worked perfectly.  However, as I look carefully at the URL you sent me about exporting, I am having some trouble.  I am running the Wizard.  As I reach the point called "Contact Map" it has the whole left column (source) filled in, but I the right (destination) side is empty and I can't get it to fill in with what it should say.  Any ideas?  Thanks for all your help.

The other piece I'm wondering is.... if I do get the export of the lookup to wrok, and I export all those entries, will they be removed from the old database or not?