Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Need contact info on an Opportunity report

Copper Contributor

Need contact info on an Opportunity report

I created a brand new empty report and have selected fields from both the Contact data as well as the Opportunity data. I set the sort order to be the Stage field of the Opportunity table. However, the report doesn't sort on Stage and two or more records with the same Stage do not get grouped together.

I attempted to modify the stock Pipeline report, but I found out that only Opportunity and Opportunity Product tables are exposed. I cannot get to the Contact table.

Any suggestions?

Greater Chicago area ACC
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Need contact info on an Opportunity report

What you are trying to do can't be done with the ACT! reports. You can't sort a contact based report using fields from the opportunity table and you can't add field from the contact table to an opportunity based report.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Nickel Contributor

Re: Need contact info on an Opportunity report

[ Edited ]

Shhhhh....

You might want to look at Durkincomputing.com.  It's in Beta, but look at Durkin Toolkit.  This company did something ACT! couldn't do for itself(or refused to or was too cheap to).  Maybe cheap enough to laugh all the way to the bank at our expense.

The report for opportunities might not work with this addon, but I bet you can figure out another report with that "cheap" addon.  That addon might be the most important addon of all time.  Unlike most of these addons, it's the most reasonably priced. Certainly not like most here.

-P

Message Edited by patgenn123 on 04-24-2008 06:14 PM
Message Edited by patgenn123 on 04-24-2008 06:15 PM