Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Need Help With Activity Series Run Amok

Need Help With Activity Series Run Amok

I scheduled Activity Series items for a couple of hundred clients.  These Activities have become part of my Task List which means my Task List now numbers over 5,000 and grows every day.  I didn't want htat to happen.  How do I stop them from being on the Task List?

The Activities are also somehow showing up as Calendar Items (although they do not show on my Calendar) so that when I sync ACT with my BlackBerry I now have to sync 5,000+ Calendar items which literally takes 6-7 hours to do.

I would like to have the Activity Series stop appearing in my Task List and/or as Calednar Items so I don't have hours and hours to sync the BlackBerry which should take minutes.

In the alternative, I want to just cancel all my Activity Series to stop this craziness.

Can anyone help me with any or all of the above?  Many thanks.

Silver Contributor

Re: Need Help With Activity Series Run Amok

Here are some  options from easiest to more complex.

1) easiest - go back to a backup

2) delete the activities. THis will probably take you an hour or more.  (make a backup first)  but go to the task list, select the wayward activities and choose delete on the keyboard and then erase (be careful that you don't erase any legitimate activities)

to stop the activities. did you set a trigger to fire them? if so, stop that.  Otherwise, the activities created by the activity series will be activities and no new ones should be created.

How to go from here depends on what you had in mind from the perspective of a database design.  There are several other other options including scheduling the activities as a different user, limiting what makes it to your handheld through it's sync configuration, and perhaps using fields instead of activities.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Re: Need Help With Activity Series Run Amok

Thanks so much for your help Jon.  It is greatly appreciated.  I am going to tryo one of the things you suggested and see how that works out for me.  Again, thaks so much.