Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Need Help: My Email Field Is Not Showing Up In My LookUps

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Need Help: My Email Field Is Not Showing Up In My LookUps

I am trying to send an email message to a group that I set up. I noticed that when i click on the group and then email message, there are no email addresses showing up. I then looked in the group itself and under the column tiled email, nothing is listed (no addresses appear). When I enter the initial data for a contact, i enter their emeil address in the email filed. It does save and appear in the individual contact entry (even when you close and reopen). It just does not appear anywhere else (group lists, lookups, etc). Can you help me figure out the problem?
Allison Rozek
Client and Marketing Manager
Rozek Law Offices, SC
Rozeklaw.com

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author AllisonRozek
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Need Help: My Email Field Is Not Showing Up In My LookUps

Hello Allison,

The first step is to determine that the email addresses are in the same field that the Groups screen is looking at.  To do this, go to the Contact Detail screen and right click on the field that the email address is in > at the bottom of the menu presented you will see 'Lookup xxxxx', where xxxxx is the actual field name.  If that field name is not 'e-mail', that is why they are not showing in the Group screen or in your Lookups.

If your email addresses are in a field other than 'e-mail', you can use the Edit > Copy Field option to populate the 'e-mail' field with the data from the other field.  Before you use this option you will want to create a backup of your database (File > Backup > Database).  Also if you have data in the 'e-mail' field for some contacts you will need to create a Lookup (Contact List screen) that excludes those contacts with email addresses in the 'e-mail' field.  One way to exclude them is to go to the Contact List screen > do Lookup on the field 'e-mail' - and set the parameter to 'Does not contain data'.

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author AllisonRozek
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Need Help: My Email Field Is Not Showing Up In My LookUps

Hello Allison,

The first step is to determine that the email addresses are in the same field that the Groups screen is looking at.  To do this, go to the Contact Detail screen and right click on the field that the email address is in > at the bottom of the menu presented you will see 'Lookup xxxxx', where xxxxx is the actual field name.  If that field name is not 'e-mail', that is why they are not showing in the Group screen or in your Lookups.

If your email addresses are in a field other than 'e-mail', you can use the Edit > Copy Field option to populate the 'e-mail' field with the data from the other field.  Before you use this option you will want to create a backup of your database (File > Backup > Database).  Also if you have data in the 'e-mail' field for some contacts you will need to create a Lookup (Contact List screen) that excludes those contacts with email addresses in the 'e-mail' field.  One way to exclude them is to go to the Contact List screen > do Lookup on the field 'e-mail' - and set the parameter to 'Does not contain data'.

Greg Martin
Sage