Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Need Activation code it is greyed out

Need Activation code it is greyed out

Can not register product activation input code is not being generated and is greyed out

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Need Activation code it is greyed out

Hello Cjenkins,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

If your computer has either Vista or Windows 7 as the operating system: Try running ACT! with the 'Run as administrator' option > then attempt to register. To do this: Close ACT! > right click on ACT! icon > select 'Run as administrator'.

Are you using the 'via Internet' option when registering?
Greg Martin
Sage

Hi,

I am unable to register Act 2012 Pro on my PC.  My laptop was upgraded so Act was reinstalled.  However, since I use Act only once in a while, I failed to register and used up my "trial" days.  I could not register using the internet during the weekend.  I requested an email activation code and instead received an email saying one could not be granted without an installation code but I don't have one.  I attempted to register again by internet and the installation code is blank.  I called, emailed, chatted with your representatives and tried all recommendations.  I still have 0 trial sessions left (according to the dialogue box which recommends registering through Help but the program closes before I can get there) even though I uninstalled and reinstalled the software. I followed advice for Windows 7 Professional and have administrative use.

HELP!!

Platinum Super Contributor

Here is an article with instructions to run the program with 'Administrator' authority and steps to remove damaged registration files: KB Article 13727

If that does not resolve the issue, uninstall Sage ACT!, then use the following article to remove the remaining 'Protexis' files, then reinstall Sage ACT! and attempt to register: KB Article 23027

Greg Martin
Sage