Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Need ACT 2007 Urgent Help please

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Need ACT 2007 Urgent Help please

We are using ACT Sage 2007 and not able to create any new user.

The option to create new user is not highlighting .I am using the user who is Administrator even though not able to create. Also not able to modify and rename existing users in my database.

Also my database is not syncing and it is showing not Completed .

Please help me out for the above problems as soon as possible . Thanks .

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author azimansari
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Need ACT 2007 Urgent Help please

Your original issue was trying to manage users... now you are attempting to copy the database files. I'm not sure what you are trying to gain by moving the database, but... the 'SQL Server (ACT7) service puts a lock on the database. You will need to stop that service to copy the database files.

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello azimansari,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. This sounds like a permissions issue. What operating system is ACT! 2007 installed on?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hello ,I have installed this software in Windows server 2003 Standard edition.i have checked all the things like , database folder has all the permession full control to everyone.

Please help me what can i do . Thanks.

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

How many license do you have, if you have ymultiple license please try to register in the same act ,by clicking on add license. then give a try if still problem seems user permission get me the log please.

Hello , When i go to the add license , it shows my serial number and shows 5 user count.
When i go to tools and manage users it shows "You have enough licenses for 1 Additional Active user".
Please help as i have 3 Active users in my manage user tab.However i m not able to deactivate the active user as well.Kindly confirm.Thanks

Are you signed directly into the main database? It sounds like you may be attempting user maintenance through a remote database.
Greg Martin
Sage

Hello martin, Yes and database are located in my local computer .

In your original post, you mention that your database isn't synchronizing... that leads me to believe it is a subscriber (remote). Do you initiate the synchronization from your database?

You can verify if it is the main (publisher) or remote (subscriber) through the Help > About ACT! > Database Information screen. Scroll down to locate 'Sync Role'. What is the value?
Greg Martin
Sage

The value is subscriber and the database is not synchronizing.

Ok, so that is a remote database. You will need to sign into the main (publisher) database to do the user maintenance.
Greg Martin
Sage