Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Navigation out New Company or New Group

Navigation out New Company or New Group

I notice everytime I enter New Company or New Group, I am unable to navigate back out, without having to enter new data.  This is very annoying.  What am I missing.

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Navigation out New Company or New Group

What do you mean by "navigate back out"?

You're not in anything... so just do a Lookup or whatever you want to do

Nickel Contributor

I've done this more than a few times accidentally myself. What hes saying is suppose you accidentally click on "create contact" but dont really want to create a contact. You can't back out of it without actually creating that contact. It comes up with a message saying "am i sure i want to create a duplicate contact?" and there is not option just to cancel the operation without actually creating that contact.

If i just go to contact list or do a lookup, it will create that blank contact and go to the lookup or wherever im tryig to go. This IS frustrating and a minor oversight on ACT's part.

Id say request this fix in the feature request area and hopefully someone there will stumble across it and take care of it. The more folks we have with the same request, the more apt they are to notice. At least that's my logic.

Here is where you can submit it:

http://www.act.com/community/feature/index.cfm

Matt

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA
Nickel Elite Contributor

It's not a question of navigation. When you insert a new contact, group or company, a new empty record is added to the database so that you can fill in the appropriate information. If by chance you inadvertently initiate adding a contact, group or company record, the best thing to do is save the empty record and then delete the record from the database. ACT! 1.0 did use a separate dialog to create a new record for the database but it proved to be a problem because if you did not explicitly save the new record, it was not added to the database. The change to the present system was made with ACT! 2.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Nickel Contributor

I understand that and it makes sense to a degree. I can see how info might not be saved if it doesnt automatically create the record from the beginning. An undo button would be nice. or a cancel feature of some sort when it says your about to create a duplicate contact like in my case when ive already innadvertantly got a blank contact saved.

Its just annoying to have to go through the extra steps of deleting the accidental contact.

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA