Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Navbar settings keep reverting to default

gdp

Navbar settings keep reverting to default

I'm on Act Pro, V17 with Windows 10.  All is well except the Navbar keeps reverting back to the original list and order.  I go in and delete some items and re-arrange and a few days or week later, it's back to the default.  I do run ccleaner as a cleanup program but haven't had the problem until recently.  Does anyone know why this is happening?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Navbar settings keep reverting to default

Hi there, I know that there is a known issue right now with Act! v18 using Windows 10 where the Navbar resets every time you restart the program. In your case does it definitely not happen every time you close and reopen the program?

It might be worthwhile checking your cleanup program and any Anti Virus scans you may do to make sure it leaves out the C:\Users\<USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\ACT folder. Your local preferences are kept here, and it is possible that another program is deleting the Navbar preference resulting in it resetting.

gdp

Thanks for the reply.  I just opened ACT, changed the navbar options, closed and re-opened the program and it reverted.  Maybe it's Windows 10?

Also, the path you gave me for the file is incorrect.  I cannot find the appdata file but it's definitely not under users or my user name.

No problems, we've done a little more testing and yes it is a Windows 10 issue. As it stands right now there is no fix for this, but the issue is being investigated. It has been logged under defect number D-04185 so please quote that when speaking to technical support or posting on the forum if you would like an update at all. I apologise but there is no time frame on when that issue is expected to be fixed as of yet.

Just for your own reference as well, the Appdata folder is in that location but it's a hidden folder, that must be why it isn't appearing there. If you make sure to set your folder options to view hidden files then you will see it, with Windows 10 you can do this by opening up the folder, then click View, click Show/hide in the menu, and check the small box before Hidden items in the sub-list.

It is now many months later since your February 2016 response that it is a known issue that on Windows 10 the Navbar settings with ACT 17.2 still keep reverting. When will this be fixed by ACT?

Hi there, the defect has been fixed in version 18.1.

Unfortunately Act! version 17 was never designed to be compatible with Windows 10 (having been created a long time before Windows 10 was released), and only Act! version 18 is supported on Windows 10.

When in September is the new version expected to ship?

We don't have any specific release date information at the moment, though historically new versions typically release between September and November. As I mentioned though, I can't guarantee that at this time.

Administrator

Just posting for clarification. Act! v18.2 is now available.
It can be downloaded from the download center.

Since ACT will not fix the bug in 17.2 I'll await 19 in September rather than buy end-of-life 18 now.