Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Narrowing down objects in "My Record" History

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Narrowing down objects in "My Record" History

In my record history. I have history notes going back to 2002. I believe this at the root of my speed issues. Is there a way to save these for easy retrieval or is it better to just cut your losses and delete those notes? Sort of like taking the time to sort out your closet

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author tahdahbp
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Narrowing down objects in "My Record" History

If you want to remove old data from your entire database and you are using Act 11 here you go: Click on Tools and highlight Database Maintenance and click on Remove Old Data... At this point just take the applicative action.  I know Act 6 basically has the same procedure to remove old history and notes, etc.

If you want to remove old history/notes in My Record, just highlight the history/notes segments you want to delete (use left click-Shift or left click-Ctrl), then right click the highlighted segments and click Delete Selected.  You can also copy and paste into Word to save if you want, before deleting.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author tahdahbp
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Narrowing down objects in "My Record" History

If you want to remove old data from your entire database and you are using Act 11 here you go: Click on Tools and highlight Database Maintenance and click on Remove Old Data... At this point just take the applicative action.  I know Act 6 basically has the same procedure to remove old history and notes, etc.

If you want to remove old history/notes in My Record, just highlight the history/notes segments you want to delete (use left click-Shift or left click-Ctrl), then right click the highlighted segments and click Delete Selected.  You can also copy and paste into Word to save if you want, before deleting.