Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

NEW ACT USER

NEW ACT USER

HI,  I am a new user of ACT software,

I am helping out a client doing   data entry to DB, updates to DB and special services to his application.

My plan is to use gotomypc or VPN (CISCO) software internet link to sign on to client's 2009 ACT application PC from my PC

HP DV6000,  to apply  updates etc.

Has anyone tried this task for another client/application  ?

Marc  E.

mearle56@yahoo.com

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: NEW ACT USER

If you are asking if you can access ACT! using a remote connection then, yes, you can run ACT! from a machine by remoting into that machine.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

MARC1956 wrote:

HI,  I am a new user of ACT software,

I am helping out a client doing   data entry to DB, updates to DB and special services to his application.

My plan is to use gotomypc or VPN (CISCO) software internet link to sign on to client's 2009 ACT application PC from my PC

HP DV6000,  to apply  updates etc.

Has anyone tried this task for another client/application  ?

Marc  E.

mearle56@yahoo.com

If you are not already paying for GoToMyPC, check out LogMeIN (www.logmein.com). They have a free version that I have used successfully with ACT.
Copper Contributor

GoToMyPc is great and I have used it a ton of times and several of my clients use it.   VPN is also nice, but more overhear and not quite as simple to set up or use.

Perry