Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

.NET 3.0

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

.NET 3.0

From what I gathered from Sage Tech support, .NET 2.0 Service Pack 1 is not compatible with ACT! Does anyone know if .NET 3.0 is? Or if they have any future plans to make ACT! 2009, 2010.... compatible with it? It would great not to have to work about Microsoft updates Smiley Happy

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tmart13
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Contributor

Re: .NET 3.0

Its been my experience that it will take one or two generations of a program to catch up with other updates.  That is, Microsoft introduced .net 2.0 and it wasn't until the next major update of ACT for it to be compatible.  I doubt ACT will be totally compatible with .net 3.0 until the next version is out. Will that be act 2009? I Hope so. They usually release the new version around september so it isnt that far off.  It will release with the most current version of .net that it is compatible withso you dont have to think about it.

Another lesson ive learned over the years is just because microsoft releases updates, doesn't mean they are appropriate for my particular situation. There have been a bunch of times over the years that microsoft releasedapatch or update for something and it screwed up other products on my system, including other micorosoft products!

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tmart13
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Contributor

Re: .NET 3.0

Its been my experience that it will take one or two generations of a program to catch up with other updates.  That is, Microsoft introduced .net 2.0 and it wasn't until the next major update of ACT for it to be compatible.  I doubt ACT will be totally compatible with .net 3.0 until the next version is out. Will that be act 2009? I Hope so. They usually release the new version around september so it isnt that far off.  It will release with the most current version of .net that it is compatible withso you dont have to think about it.

Another lesson ive learned over the years is just because microsoft releases updates, doesn't mean they are appropriate for my particular situation. There have been a bunch of times over the years that microsoft releasedapatch or update for something and it screwed up other products on my system, including other micorosoft products!

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA