Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

NEED HELP ASAP!!!! Exporting Contacts from one database to another....???

NEED HELP ASAP!!!! Exporting Contacts from one database to another....???

[ Edited ]
Okay....I have only recently (yesterday) been introduced to Act! and I have already made a mistake.  I started a temp job and my job was to take all of the contacts from Peachtree and input them into Act!  I have ACT! 2005 for Windows.  I put all of the contacts into the database....then I was told it was the wrong database.  So I need to get all of the contacts that I input yesterday from the one database to the other.  But ONLY the contacts I entered yesterday!  Is there any way to do this???

Thanks for your help!

Message Edited by Cassaundraf1 on 04-01-2008 10:44 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Exporting Contacts from one database to another....???

1. Lookup Other Fields -> Record Creator -> Enter you display name.
2. Lookup Other Fields -> Create Date -> yesterday -> on the left set to narrow lookup where it says 'For current lookup'
3. File -> Export Follow the wizard and export currnt lookup
4. When thats done verify the data went over ok then backup the db
5. Click contact -> delete contact -> delete current lookup

Tom

Thanks Tom!  I did everything you said to do and I got a list of the things I put in yesterday, but when I got to the Export Wizard it says Filename and Location......

it won't let me go any further than that without a filename and location.  It doesn't say anything about the current lookup.

Any ideas?

Okay....SERIOUS CRY FOR HELP!!!!  I was just informed by my boss that although this was HIS error, I am going to have to put all of this data in AGAIN in the right database if I can't figure out how to export it!  I got as far as the exporting part of tdavis's instructions in his earlier post, but then it gives me trouble....it asks for a filename and location.  I don't know what to do there!  This is the first time I have ever used this program, and I spent FIVE HOURS yesterday retyping all of his contacts into Act!  Please help!!  I do NOT want to have to spend ANOTHER FIVE HOURS doing it again!!!

thanks everyone!

Nickel Super Contributor

Filename and location will be the db you want to export to.

Tom
Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

You have the complete explanation with pictures in this KB article

Xavier Nyssen

ACT! Certified Consultant @ Intuitis | Belgium
{ +32 64 45 08 00 | xavier@intuitis.be | http://intuitis.be }

I am an idiot!  I couldn't figure out the right file to export to yesterday!  Thank you both so much!  I did it and it worked fine this morning!  Ya'll were a great help!

I am forever in your debt!

Thanks again!

C