Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My salespeople can erase each-others notes!

My salespeople can erase each-others notes!

Please help. My salespeople can erase each-others notes. If a customer calls in to place an order, the person that answers the phone can erase the note from a previous salesperson. They are on commission. Very bad for everyone. How do I change this?

PS: I believe that I made everyone an admin by mistake when I registered everyone.

Re: My salespeople can erase each-others notes!

PSS: I still need them to see eachothers notes...not just their own.

Silver Contributor

Under tools Preferences, Admin, you can  disable editing of notes. That would mean no one even the author can delete of edit them. That is about the best you can do.  Other than that, if you have access to a record, you can make changes to a record.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Silver Contributor

Also, the pro version of ACT does not have the security features for teams that the premium version these include setting limited Access and field level security

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Mark,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community.  Instructions for disabling notes/history editing and deleting are in the following Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1805...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you Greig, but this doesn't really solve the problem. If someone is willing to erase another persons note, they would be just as willing to go into their preferences and temporarily change their settings, thus allowing themselves to erase the other persons note. They could then go back and turn their own editing off again.

I need to disable it across the board, not from their own account.

Do you see what I mean?

Thanks in advance!

That's why I advised you make all the others users Standard - only Admins can change this setting. In your initial post, it sounded you like regretted making them all Admins to start with.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thats true, I did regret that. However, I was under the impression that they would not be able to see each others notes if I didnt do so. Is this accurate? Thanks again for your help!

Actually, with this setting they can see the notes/histories, just not edit or delete them. They would not be able to edit/delete their own notes/histories either.

Greig Hollister

Perfect. Thank you Greig!

One last question: How do I turn off their admin status?

Thanks!