Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My mail merge is going out with bad dates...help plz

My mail merge is going out with bad dates...help plz

Hi...

TIA for any help!

I am using the most recent version of ACT pro. I have very little experience with the software and have been running into nothing but issues. Smiley Sad

Most recently, after feeling so successful in actually getting a mail merge to go out, I found out that it went out with the wrong date. The message went to 2,000+ emails and they all wound up with different dates at the top.  No idea why.... so the next time I sent a message I just deleted the date from the email, I mean, why not? people know when they get a message right? So I send out the new blast and once again, each sent email has a wrong date... and the dates are  not even the same throughout all the emails...They all just have random dates from any time in the last 5 years.... What the heck????

Hoping someone can help me fix this!

Thanks,

Samantha

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: My mail merge is going out with bad dates...help plz

[ Edited ]

Hello Samantha,
Welcome to the ACT! Community. Some questions for you:
- Are you using MS Word templates for the mail merge?
- What field are you using for the date? It sounds like you may be using an date ACT! field. For the letter date you would need to use the Word (or word processor) field and make sure you have it set to update to the current date.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

hello,

I doing Mail Merge and using an ACT template for the email message. I thought the date would auto fill but after it did with the wrong dates on the first email, I just deleted the field from the template for the next mailing feeling it really wasn't necessary to have the date anyways. But it still inserted it. 

Specifically this is what I used..

Write Menu

Mail Merge

Email

Browse templates- select email body

it opens in ACT word processor to edit.... 

Dear <Salutation>,

Presenting blah blah blah

Thank you.... Etc...

and then I send it out...

Not sure what I could be doing wrong...

So this is an email? Where is the date appearing in the email message?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

It' is appearing at the top of the email above the salutation.

In the template, what is the field that is being using for the date?

Greig Hollister

I have no idea because I deleted it after it went out wrong the first time. There is no visible field when I open the template. 

As a test and so I can see the result, can you do a mail merge and send it to the following email address: community.act@sage.com

Greig Hollister

Hi

I just did the test, but I think it worked right for that... go figure.... put today's date in, even with no field...

Yes, the email you sent me has today's date at the top right above "Dear...". Are you sending your emails through Outlook?

Greig Hollister