Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My attachments in "Record History" are not referencing the directory where I actually put them.... sometimes

My attachments in "Record History" are not referencing the directory where I actually put them.... sometimes

First:

I am using Act 16.0

Microsoft Word 2010

The Database is being shared from a servier

Operating system is Windows 7

Ok, I have 6 contacts.  I typed the same letter for each, but customized each so they will have the person's name.  Each contact has their own directory (for example, Jane Doe has a directory Z:\ClientFiles\Doe\Dec16Ltr.docx).  On the History tab, I Recorded History and went to Attach a specific document in her directory.  However, only on a couple of the 6 when I went back in, did it correctly go to the correct directory that I pointed to when I attached the file.  For the rest of them, when I went back in to make sure it attached the appropriate file and location, they saved to a directory called  XXX\NewAct-databasefiles\Attachments.  This is not correct and not how it normally does. It should be saving to the client file that I actually told it to reference.  Why is this happening? It has never happened before and it did not happen on 2 out of the 6.    Thank you