Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Sql Limits

Accepted Solution Solved
Bronze Contributor
Accepted Solution

My Sql Limits

[ Edited ]

What are the limits for a MySQL hosted ACT (Ver 18)?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jnpurdy
Tuesday
Administrator

Re: My Sql Limits

Hi John,

MySQL can't be used with Act! It's only possible to use Microsoft SQL Server - I'm not sure if that's perhaps what you meant?

The only limitations imposed by SQL is that Act! installs with SQL Express (this is the free version of SQL) - and SQL Express will only support individual databases up to 10gb in size, and will only use a maximum of 1gb of RAM per database instance.

You can have any number of databases, each of them up to 10gb - but if you find yourself hitting that 10gb limit and need a larger database, or you find that due to a large number of users/activity the 1gb RAM cap is slowing things down too much, Premium versions of Act! do support using SQL "Standard".

SQL Standard would need to be purchased separately from Microsoft - but we can provide advice on setting this up.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author jnpurdy
Tuesday
Administrator

Re: My Sql Limits

Hi John,

MySQL can't be used with Act! It's only possible to use Microsoft SQL Server - I'm not sure if that's perhaps what you meant?

The only limitations imposed by SQL is that Act! installs with SQL Express (this is the free version of SQL) - and SQL Express will only support individual databases up to 10gb in size, and will only use a maximum of 1gb of RAM per database instance.

You can have any number of databases, each of them up to 10gb - but if you find yourself hitting that 10gb limit and need a larger database, or you find that due to a large number of users/activity the 1gb RAM cap is slowing things down too much, Premium versions of Act! do support using SQL "Standard".

SQL Standard would need to be purchased separately from Microsoft - but we can provide advice on setting this up.