Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My ACT is not showing again. It's opens on the toolbar and says it's running on the task manager, but I can't see it

My ACT is not showing again. It's opens on the toolbar and says it's running on the task manager, but I can't see it

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: My ACT is not showing again. It's opens on the toolbar and says it's running on the task manager, but I can't see it

Hello BLWDoplhin,
If you right-click on ACT! in your Task Manager (under the Applications tab) and select "Switch To", then "Bring to Front", does the window appear? It may be that the ACT! window is being hidden.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: My ACT is not showing again. It's opens on the toolbar and says it's running on the task manager, but I can't see it

I get this quite often - with many versions - where it just won't close/quit properly.  Right click on ACTSage.exe, and "kill" it, then reopen.

Hope this helps...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com
Platinum Elite Contributor

This is typically caused by a running background program grabbing screen focus and moving that application in front of the ACT! screen.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I had the exact same problem. I'm running WIN 7 and ACT 13.1.111.0.  I finally had to contact ACT customer support in India and received help right away.  Somehow the ACT icon on the bottom of my screen had been locked into "minimize".  The Indian tech rep logged on to my computer, hovered the mouse over the icon and was then able to bring up a submenu which had "restore" on it.  He clicked on "restore" and bam:  the ACT screen re-appeared.

Copper Elite Contributor

Just had this with another user - and the restore or maximize, etc wasn't an option.  The solution was to delete preferences.

Kris Lock
Inside Sales Manager/ACT! Certified Consultant
Technology Transfer Services
www.techtransfer.com
www.myodesie.com