Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mutliple reminders keep popping up

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Mutliple reminders keep popping up

No it was a custom fix for one of my clients.  The activities in the database didn't get converted properly when Act! was upgraded.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Stan,

I would be very grateful to receive that program and see if it works on my client.

Many thanks.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Silver Super Contributor

I emailed it to you.  Good luck!

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Copper Contributor

Did either of the solutions here that Gary or Stan provided work?

I am having the same issue with multiple alarm boxes appearing with one of my customers. Is someone able to help me please?

Thanks 

Administrator

Hi Rachel,

I would recommend trying the suggestions in my earlier post, if you haven't already.

I don't have the utility that Stan (@wellmet) mentioned, but I'm sure he can send it over to you.

Which version of Act! do you have installed?

Copper Contributor

Hi Gary,

Thanks for for coming back to me and it V17 Premium they have installed?
Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

Rachel,

David Shaw is an Act! Certified Consultant and I was confident that he would know how to run a SQL script to attempt repair of the issue so I emailed him the script.  I don't know if it even fixed his problem.  I'm going to email him and see if it did indeed fix his issue.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Copper Contributor

Thanks stan

Gary, my ACT! Act! Premium (Web) Version: 19.2.141.0 just started doing multiple Alarm window popups after the update that happened on June 26, 2017. 

Now even if I hit the X to close the alarm, another one pops up (I know they will for a new alarm that has been set), but it seems to just be randomly opening from 3 to 6 new Alarm windows.    When I hit the X to close, it closes all of the multiple Alarm boxes. 

Ralph

Act! Premium Cloud Maintenance Complete

Welcome to Act! v19.2.1! Act! Premium Cloud maintenance is complete and your database was successfully migrated to Act! v19.2.1. See a full list of new features and enhancements released since v19.0 here, and a full list what’s included in the v19.2.1 update here. For customers with offline clients: There was no schema change for this update, so you will not need to update your v19.0 offline client in order for sync to work correctly with v19.2.1, however we always recommend updating to the latest version. Click here to download Act! v19.2 Update 1. Still have questions? Chat live with an Act! Technical Support Advisor. Thank you for your continued support! The Act! Premium Cloud Team

Administrator

Hi rcoppersmith,

I believe you are seeing this behaviour in the web interface. This is currently a known issue that is scheduled to be fixed in a future update. It has been logged as defect D-07060.
The current workaround is to close the alarms window before switching to another contact record. This prevent a duplicate one from opening. I'm sorry for this inconvenience.