Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Must setup company as a contact?

Copper Contributor

Must setup company as a contact?

I own an commercial lines insurance agency, and purchased ACT to track prospects (companies), and their associated insurance policies. (which renew and expire every year)  I understand that since I need to use annual events for the insurance policy expiration, my only choice is to enter data in a "Contact Screen".  Where do I put the info about each person at these companies that I need to deal with, such as the controller, sales manager, etc?  

Bronze Contributor

Re: Must setup company as a contact?

Hello techinsurance,

You ask an interesting question, and one that has crossed my screen before.  So how do you relate to scheduling items for a company separate from the members of the companies.

The way I do it is to create a profile called "! Useful Informatioin".  The " ! " is used for sorting purposes.  I would then create a reminder in the Useful Informaiton profile for the insurance renewal and then create as many profiles as necessary for all the contacts I have.  I am asusminjg that you have an understanding of using companies and divisions. 

I hope this helps, but let me know if I have confused you.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Bronze Elite Contributor

There will be a new feature in ACT! 11.1 when it is released soon that will greatly assist you. 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Copper Contributor

John,

Yes, I am a bit confused. What is a profile? Create a profile in the contact screen or company screen?  A profile is used to track the insurance renewal info?

Also, what is the new feature in ACT 11.1?  Dont keep us guessing!

Thank you

Bronze Elite Contributor

The advantage of participating in beta testing is that you get to see what the new features are but also you agree to non-disclosure of new features in doing so. Which is the case here.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

I am also a P&C Agent but, I am in Texas. I have modified ACT for my needs. I went from using a Agency Client Management system which sucked to ACT and it has worked out great. Let me know if you want to get in contact and I can help you with this matter.