Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Music from contact’s web page plays when I pull up contact’s record

Copper Contributor

Music from contact’s web page plays when I pull up contact’s record

I’ve got a few contact records that have active content on their web pages that plays music when you go to their web site.  Since I’ve upgraded to 2010, every time I pull up a contact record that has a web page that plays music, the music starts to play.  I’m sure this is because the web page is loading in the Web Info tab when the contact record is pulled up.

Is there a way to disable active content in the browser for the Web Info tab or is there some other way to keep this music from playing every time I pull up the contact record?  For now, I’ve cut and pasted the web page URL from the contact records that are having this problem into a temporary character field, but this is a less than ideal solution.  What’s the point in having a field that accommodates URLs if you can’t use it?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Music from contact’s web page plays when I pull up contact’s record

Hello 0gravity,

Unfortunately you cannot disable the active content since it is part of the contact's record. My only suggestion would be to click on a link other than Contact's Website under the Web Info tab, so that that link loads whenever you pull up a contact's record. You can always just click the Contact's Website link when you need to view it under that tab. You can also modify the link to go to a page on their site that does not play music.

If you would like to see the ability to disable active content under the Web Info tab, please post your request by clicking the Share Your Ideas tab at the top of this page.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.