Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Multiple remote Database

Multiple remote Database

I have  question  is it possible to run or access more the 1 database on server  .....

Copper Contributor

Re: Multiple remote Database

I would think so.  You'd need to go to Tools-Web Site Admininstation-Add Database.   Someone smarter than me may shoot me down on this, but it looks like its possible.

Iam Using Act 2010 I cannot see any option under it
Copper Contributor

OK...I'm on 2012 now.  Guess I can't be much help, I went from 2008 to 2012.

Bronze Super Contributor

I don't think we're dealing with ACT! Premium for Web, so the adminstrative stuff is not going to be visible - especially for ACT! 2010 Standard/Pro which does not include the web version of ACT!.

Regarding "running" multiple databases on the server, if "running" means:  "Can I create more than one database on the same server", the answer is: Yes.   One way to create another database:  On the server, while logged into the current database in ACT!, go to the File menu, and select "New Database".  Enter the settings as desired, and ACT! will create a whole new database in the folder you specified.

You can only ever open/login to one database on a machine at a time ( in other words, unlike, say Excel or Word, in which you can open multiple instances of the program, each reading a different file at the same time, ACT! is "modal" in the sense that only one instance of the program can be open at any one time ), but that doesn't stop you from have 2 or 5 or 12 databases from which you an switch amongst one to the other (not saying this is a good idea, simply that it is possible).

So, depending upon exactly what you mean by "running" more than one database, the answer could be Yes.