Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Multiple emails from template

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Multiple emails from template

We are using ACT 2009. I send out many emails to selected past customers to follow up on quotes that were sent to them in the past. I some times select 15 to 20 contacts to sent this standard email. (the email is only customized with their first name)

If I do each email individually, I can fill in the subject line. However, If I send as a group email, I have no way of filling in the email subject line. In older versions of ACT, a group email would give you a dialog box with an option for filling in a subject line. I can seem to figure out how to do this in 2009.

Ted

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ted@gentechscientific.com
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Multiple emails from template

Hello Ted,

When you use mail merge (Write/Mail Merge), in the course of the merge wizard you will have the option to compose the subject line for the emails that will go out. You cannot customize the subject line for each recipient...all recipients will see the same subject line.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author ted@gentechscientific.com
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Ted,

When you use mail merge (Write/Mail Merge), in the course of the merge wizard you will have the option to compose the subject line for the emails that will go out. You cannot customize the subject line for each recipient...all recipients will see the same subject line.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Silver Contributor

This functionality is available via an ACT add in, specifically Northwoods Mailmerge

http://www.crmaddons.com/p-26-mail-merge.aspx

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider