Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Multiple emails for one contact

Re: Multiple emails for one contact

Any ideas guys ??? I am using the latest verions for ACT! (not Premium). I now have the 2nd email field however ACT! does not collect emails for it - ACT only sees the 1st email field.

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello technochad,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. It looks like the details of your post did not display. This is due to you using Internet Explorer 9 as your browser, which is not yet fully supported by this forum. To properly post in this forum, you will either need to put IE9 into IE8 compatibility mode for this site or use another browser. In addition, due to the age of this post, I will advise that create a new post for your question or issue. We look forward to hearing from you.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I've upgraded from Act 6.0 to Sage Act 2011, US version. I restored my 6.0 db to the 2011 version and all records seem to have transferred. However only one email address transferred for each record, even for those records that had multiple addresses in the 6.0 version. How do I get all the addresses to transfer?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello rgsmith01,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. More than likely the emails did come over, but you just don't have the fields on your layouts to display them. In ACT! 2011, go into Tools > Design Layouts > Contact, and you should be able to the add the custom email fields you had in 6.0 (these fields would have also come over) so you can see the addresses.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks for the quick response. However, I had no custom fields in 6.0. 6.0 off-the-shelf design allowed for adding multiple addresses in one email field that dropped down to accept as many(?) as you wanted to add. I just had to indicate which one was primary. Do you think if I add fields as you suggested, I should do a new import of the old db after I've added the fields?

I am using ACT 2012.

1) When I have a contact with two emails (let's say E-mail and personal), and I receive an email from the personal email, "attach to sender" is greyed out, and I have to "attach to contact" which is a little cumbersome. Is there a fix?

2) How do I send an email using the "personal" email address of a contact?

Thanks,

-- MItch

Multiple emails for one contact solution

I put the email address in, then a comma, then the next, then a comma, then the next. Now if using Gmail you click the little g and it will put all three address in the create email, Not sure of outlook but should work the same.  if you do not want to send to each address, simply delete in the creating email the ones you do not want.  It is easy to do. At least easier than creating mulitple fields.

Would be nice if there was a drop down menu to add emails but unfortunatly not yet

Re: Multiple emails for one contact solution

Great solution, but does it work with attachment of incomign messages? I.E. does Act then attach messages that come in on any of the emails in the list?