Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Multiple email clients for multiple ACT databases

Multiple email clients for multiple ACT databases

Hi All

We have a client using SAGE act 2011 Pro version. Currently they have 2 databases with completely separate list of contacts.

They want to configure Outlook 2007 as the email client for SAGE but there is a caveat because they want to use completely 2 different email addresses (2 separate domains) as the sending email address.

1. Is the above possible to be done with outlook? If so please do let us know how to.
  2. If not can we configure one database for internet email and the other in outlook?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Inbay

Silver Contributor

Re: Multiple email clients for multiple ACT databases

Here are some things I would try.

1) set up two email accounts in Outlook and change the default email when switching databases. 

2) set up a seperate windows profile with totally different email and ACT preferences.  You would switch windows users and the defaults for ACT And outlook would be automatic

3) If you are doing single emails at a time, you can set up two outlook email accounts and just change the account being sent from when you actually send the email.  Easiest to set up, but requires a decision by the user every single time.

I don't really like the idea of setting up internet mail and outlook There is not a way to choose which one is sending from on the fly.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Re: Multiple email clients for multiple ACT databases

Hi jon

Many thanks for your  reply. As i suspected there seems to be no easy way out of this issue

Will try out your suggestions and let you know how it went later on.

Thanks Again

Inbay