Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Multiple e-mail fields in ACT 2012

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Multiple e-mail fields in ACT 2012

Hi, have you sorted this yet?

Seems odd, one of the first things I did when I got Act 2012 was add an email field to the contact layout. It's called 'E-mail 2', created it through the usual Define Fields no problem. Just tried creating another one called 'E-mail 3' just to check, that worked as well. I keep the Personal E-mail in the Home Address tab of the contact layout.

Did you define the field before you opened the Design Layouts, rather than define the field with Design Layouts already open?

Yep, did all that and also went through this with technical support.  Tried E-mail 2, E-mail_2, Business E-mail 2, etc.

I upgraded from ACT 2009.  Don't know if that matters.

Tried creating the e-mail addresses from inside Design Layouts and also in Define Fields prior to opening Design Layouts.

Copper Elite Contributor

That is a possibility, I upgraded from Act 9 (2007) to Act 14 Pro (2012), but to make it work had to go through Act 11, see this post:

http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT/Act-2012-upgrade-now-can-t-add-edit-or-change-Companies/m-p/179...

Apparently there was a major change to the db structure at Act 12, and Act 11 was the most up to date of the old format. In my case the updating affected the way some fields behaved, so there's a possibility that may be the cause.

Cheers, Graham.