Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Multiple Scheduled Backup with and without Attachments

Bronze Contributor

Multiple Scheduled Backup with and without Attachments

I would like to run two similar scheduled backups. 

The first one is full with all attachments, which I'm doing now.

I would also like to run a 2nd bu but without the attachments.

I can't see that it is possible.  Is this something that should be added to things we would like to see?  Or if I were more technical I would know better than to ask?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Multiple Scheduled Backup with and without Attachments

[ Edited ]

Hello John,
The same type of task can only be scheduled once per database on any one machine. If you wanted to schedule two of the same task for the same database, it would have to be done on two different machines.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

There are a number of other ways to do the backup, outside of the ACT! Scheduler.

But why would you want the method without the attachments as well?
Bronze Contributor

Mike, that's a good question.

First, I still haven't been able to get my remote db to synch.  I've asked for help on this so many times that I can't do that any more.  To some extent, I think it is a problem with my base system.  It is a 64bit OS and 64bit Office.  I then deleted the Office and installed 32bit, but I'm sure there are some ghost elements left behind.  To resolve this, I will have my IT department reformat and install the OS but with 32bit Office at the end of Feb.

Second, since I haven't been able to synch, I can create and install a copy w/o attachments in short order on my remote system.  Generally speaking, when I'm on a customer appointment and am taking notes, I generally don't need all the old attachments.  I basically need the contact information, the ability to look at opportunities, and the ability to look at history.  I can do the manual backup which is what I've been doing.  Oh, notes are taken in one of the ancilerary programs like notepad.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit

1. 64bit Office won't connect to ACT! (or most addons) ... but reinstalling it should have been fine

2. DO NOT use backups like this ... you'll cause many more issues.

Have you tried getting in an ACT! consultant to look at the flaw and re-set up sync correctly for you? I'd always recommend that the best option is to to it right ... will be cheaper in the long run