Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Multiple Group Lookup

Multiple Group Lookup

I want to include the Contact Records of multiple Groups in a single, combined Lookup?  Doesn't appear possible - is there a way to do it?

Re: Multiple Group Lookup

It can be done, but there will be a couple steps.

You can either have a field and add the group name(s) the contact belongs to and do a advanced query on the field.   Or if your groups are setup dynamically, you can do an advanced query on the criteria to create the lookup.

Platinum Elite Contributor

One way is to create a temporary group and add the contact from the other groups to that group.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

I have a related question which I can't quite find the answer for.  In general, I want to be able to create a lookup based on a contact's inclusion in or exclusion from multiple groups.  Example:

John Doe is a member of the "people I met at last year's industry conference" group and the "do not send marketing info" group.  Jane Doe is a member of the "people i know through act user forums" and "do not send marketing info" group.  I want to send a marketing e-mail to everyone I know from last year's industry conference and everyone I know from the Act forums, excluding those who have requested to be excluded from such e-mails.  I can't even find a screen in Act to do this -- all the contact based lookup options look at contact fields and all the group queries look at group fields -- there doesn't seem to be a way to bridge the two.  

I have also looked at the dynamic membership (mentioned in above posts) but can't figure out how to do what was described, much less how to accomplish my purpose.

I am using Act 10.0.1.199.

Thanks for your help.

Barry Chester