Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Multiple Email Mail Merge

Multiple Email Mail Merge

Hello

I was wondering if anyone could help please.

I have some customers who have personal emails as well as work ones. I use the normal "email" and "personal email" fields. 

The problem I am having is that when I do a mail merge it automatically picks the "email". Sometimes I need it to go to the "personal email". 

I am using Sage Act 2011 and MS Outlook 2007. I use Outlook as my editor. 

Many thanks in advance. 

Bronze Contributor

Re: Multiple Email Mail Merge

The standard mail merge only looks to the primary email field although I believe there are a coupl of addons whihc may give you this capability.

The only other choice would be to export the personal email address to Excel and then do the merge to Outlook via that method

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Hello

Thank you for your prompt reply. Would you happen to have the details of the add ons?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards. 

Bronze Contributor

Not sure of whihc one it was but you could try first www.actaddons.com or also send them an email if you are not able to find it on the site.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Thank you very much for your help.
Copper Elite Contributor

I create duplicate "For Email Only" contacts and create a custom field to aid in creating a lookup. 

For example, the field could be a checkbox and labeled Personal Email List.  Check it for the contact which holds that email address.  Then Lookup for everyone who has Personal Email List checked and run the mail merge against the lookup result.

It works.