Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Multiple Divisions At Once

Accepted Solution Solved
Bronze Contributor
Accepted Solution

Multiple Divisions At Once

Ver 2010

I am changing companies and have used the "companies" feature rather extensively.  I had two companies: 

1.  Current Customers with approximately 80 divisions

2.  Prior Customers with approximately 150 divisions

As all my customers, regardless of they were current or piror, are now "Prospects" 

I would like to move the 80 divisions under "Current Customers" to the renamed Company of "Prospects"  Is there a way to do a multiple division move?  Otherwise I think I'm stuck dragging and dropping one at a time.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jnpurdy
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Multiple Divisions At Once

Can't you just rename the Current Customers "company" to the name you want?  Why move them around if all you are doing is changing the language of what you are calling the group/company?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author jnpurdy
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Can't you just rename the Current Customers "company" to the name you want?  Why move them around if all you are doing is changing the language of what you are calling the group/company?
Bronze Contributor

Scott, thank you for the reply. 

Yes, I can and did rename one of the two Companies to Prospect.  The other one needs to move to Prospect too.  I did some playing around with it and found that I could move the second Company in total to Prospects.  It, of course, shows up as a division and the associated companies as subordinate divisions under it.  I then deleted the higher level, and all the other entries fell in line under Prospect.

Kudos to you for the help, though. ... now where is that Kudos button?  

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit