Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Multiple Databases

dlh

Multiple Databases

Is there a way to have more than one database open at a time?
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Multiple Databases

that is not possible in act
sorry
Platinum Elite Contributor

It would only be possible in the Web version of ACT!

For most users, it's better to combine all data in one database. Why do you use more than one?

This has been one of my ongoing pet peeves with ACT.  They should spend more time with users to find out what is needed.  There is no way to have multiple data bases open at the same time.  However, one work around to that is if you are licensed for multiple versions of ACT to store one data base in an older version.  You need to have one SQL version and one 3-6 version.  That way you are able to have 2 separate data bases open at the same time.

To answer one of the other responses to this question as why not to have all the information in the same data base.  There are multiple reasons for having separate data base files.  I currently support 6 separate data bases. Only 3 of them could be combined.  Of those 3 separate that could be combined, they were separated due to limits on older versions of ACT.  Of the 3 that we can not combine, there are reasons to keep the data entirely separate. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

krecek wrote:

This has been one of my ongoing pet peeves with ACT.  They should spend more time with users to find out what is needed.  There is no way to have multiple data bases open at the same time.  However, one work around to that is if you are licensed for multiple versions of ACT to store one data base in an older version.  You need to have one SQL version and one 3-6 version.  That way you are able to have 2 separate data bases open at the same time.

Or use ACT! Premium for Web and open multiple database in seperate browsers. But you still wont be able to your calendar combined