Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Multiple Computers

Multiple Computers

I have a desktop and a laptop that I use.  But I never use them at the same time.  I use the desktop at the office and I use the laptop when I am on the road.

Do I have to purchase two licenses for Act 2010 or since I am not using both licenses at the same time, can I install the one license on both computers?

Thanks,

Frank

www.studythecode.com

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Multiple Computers

You only need one license per username. So you can install with the same license on the laptop and use sync to have the database on both systems.

Is this still acurate (for 201).  I just bought two Premium licenses but plan to load one of them on two of my personal machines with the other loaded on a Server at the main office for an additional user.  I can do this and synch all directions right?

Goldmine Defector / ACT Newby

"sync in all direction"?

Sync is done between multiple Subscribers (Remotes) and ONE Publisher

Dear,

We have three licenses with four computers, and share the data in server.

How can we use ACT! at all four computers? On the fourth computer, it shows how many days left for trial version but we use licensed ID on the fourth computer. Also I tried to register with one of licenses on the fourth computer but it didn't work. 

My question is how can I use ACT! without trial version announcement on the 4th computer? Thank you for your help.

The licenses are for each names user in the database.
The same key should be able to be used to register Act! on the 4th machines. What error did you get?

When I open ACT! on the fourth computer, every time Act wants me to resister. See attached photo, please.

I tried to resister by same ID which already use for resister on other computers., 1st - 3rd, but it didn't work.

There was no choice for multiple computer use with same ID on it.   

But where error do you get when you try to register?

Have you tried right-clicking on the Act! icon and "Run As Administrator", then registering and exiting Act! .... Does that work?

It's worked! Thank you for your help! Have a great weekend.
Copper Contributor

Regarding a post from 2010: Is this still the case with ACT! version 18? Can I install on my laptop as a secondary install, not using both installs at the same time?

studythecode wrote:

I have a desktop and a laptop that I use.  But I never use them at the same time.  I use the desktop at the office and I use the laptop when I am on the road.

Do I have to purchase two licenses for Act 2010 or since I am not using both licenses at the same time, can I install the one license on both computers?

Thanks,

Frank

www.studythecode.com