Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Multi user package

Multi user package

Hi, I am new here and investigating implementing ACT in a small sales / service business.

It would be advantageous to have 4 office based users to have access with 1 to 2 remote users.

When I last used ACT some 6 years ago we had 3 remote users and a license in the office which was multi user.

Is it possible to have one database in the office run from a single server with acces by 4 users and then the remote users sync to that?

Is there a better way to achieve this functionality? What product would you recommend

Cheers

Gavin

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Multi user package

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Multi user package

Gavin -

Act! will work nicely in the scenario you mention.  As GL said, you will need one license per user, matters not if they are remote or in the office.  I would recommend the Premium version of Act!, since for the relatively small uptick in cost you will have the benefits of being able to take advantage of the full set of feature, particularly being able to sync your remote users w/o needing Act! running and logged in on the server all of the time.

Further, if you are going to start out with 6 users, there is a good change in the next 12-24 months you may need to add more users.  Act! only supports 10 users total - hard limit.  Premium allows as many users as you want.