Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Multi-Select disabled in Contact ID/Status

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

Multi-Select disabled in Contact ID/Status

I'm using ACT! 2010 and just noticed that in my ID/Status drop down that the checkboxes have disappeared.

When I go into Tools, Define Fields, Edit for the ID/Status field, the Allow Multi-select option is greyed out.

How do I fix this? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author MadDog
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Multi-Select disabled in Contact ID/Status

This is a known issue which has been reported to our Development team.  Use the following work-around to enable the feature:

To 'enable' the Multi-Select option, go back to the Define Fields screen > double click on the ID/Status field.  Click Next to see the 'Customize Field and List Behavior' screen > click the Next button to go to the 'Customize Field Behavior' screen > now click the Back button, the Multi-Select box should now be available.  If it is not, put a check mark in the box for Show Descriptions > click Next > click Back > Mult-Select will not be available and you can uncheck the Show Descriptions box.

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author MadDog
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

This is a known issue which has been reported to our Development team.  Use the following work-around to enable the feature:

To 'enable' the Multi-Select option, go back to the Define Fields screen > double click on the ID/Status field.  Click Next to see the 'Customize Field and List Behavior' screen > click the Next button to go to the 'Customize Field Behavior' screen > now click the Back button, the Multi-Select box should now be available.  If it is not, put a check mark in the box for Show Descriptions > click Next > click Back > Mult-Select will not be available and you can uncheck the Show Descriptions box.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Elite Contributor

The first option didn't work. Clicking in the Show Descriptions box worked perfectly.

Thanks!

This was so helpful!!!!

Thank you so much!