Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Multi Databases

Multi Databases

From time to time I am unable to load one of my database.  When accessing this is the error message that I receive.

"The database could not be accessed.  In order to access check your network connection and verify database server is available.  It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer or server."

I've opened my internet connection and clicked firewall settings. Then checked  the Act box as an exception for the Windows Firewall from blocking incoming internet connections. But this didn't change anything.  Opening the Act database I've never had to change the firewall. So I returned the setting back to the original setting. (box unchecked).

Totally out of my league, just a sales person needing my database to work. 

Thanks,

Bronze Contributor

Re: Multi Databases

You should probably have the tick on all the time for ACT in the firewall box. Also short term go to Start, run and type in services.msc and click on OK

go down till you find the Windows firewall and click on stop

Now go back and see if you can open the database. If you can then it is firewall related and there are a number of articles in the knowledge base about how to set the firewall exclusions correctly. This may also be related to your antivirus software settings.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.