Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mulitple contact layouts?

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Mulitple contact layouts?

Hi,

I have created two contact layouts within the one database, for two seperate types of contacts. However, I cannot figure out how to use the second layout I've created. The first layout is the default one but I wish to start putting in my other contacts, but new contact simply creates a contact in the default layout.

Is there anyway to set an option to select which contact layout I wish to use when I select 'New Contact' ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

Cheers.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author cdyason
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

Re: Mulitple contact layouts?

The ability to choose a contact dynamically, based on a contact being new or a field having a particular value is not a feature of ACT.  It is possible to have this programmed in and I believe some add on developers have created an off the shelf product that does this.  However, given that ACT takes a few seconds to change layouts, I think the performance implications would outweigh the benefits.

Instead, consider segmenting your layout Top left for new contacts, top right for existing contacts., etc

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author cdyason
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

The ability to choose a contact dynamically, based on a contact being new or a field having a particular value is not a feature of ACT.  It is possible to have this programmed in and I believe some add on developers have created an off the shelf product that does this.  However, given that ACT takes a few seconds to change layouts, I think the performance implications would outweigh the benefits.

Instead, consider segmenting your layout Top left for new contacts, top right for existing contacts., etc

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Not the news I was after but thanks for the reply.

Cheers.