Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mulitple Database - Chinese (?)

Mulitple Database - Chinese (?)

[ Edited ]

I apologize if this is covered elsewhere. Your kind direction is appreciated!

I have ACT2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.2.191. My company is expanding in Asia. We want to create a 2nd database in Chinese characters. This will be maintained and updated by our new admin person. She will synch from her home in China (our server based in Canada). So, we will purchase another liscence for our new administrator in China, but first, I need a few questions answered..

Here are my questions:
1. I wish to create a 2nd database in ACT which should be no problem (I think). Does my version of ACT support more than 1 database?

2. Will ACT allow Chinese Characters for this new database?

3. What is the cost for (1) new ACT license? I wish to get a portable version that could be shared with our designee in China. This person will update and synch the separate database from time to time.

4. Exactly how many different databases will my version of ACT support (maybe we will add 3rd, 4th & 5th db later -Japanese, Korean, etc)?

{Edit: removed HTML code preventing view in Internet Explorer]

Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Mulitple Database - Chinese (?)

1. As many as you like

2. Yes, I know ACT! Consultants in China and Hong Kong who can help you with this

3. Maybe get it from the ACT! Consultant in HK in exchange for some help

4. No limit to number of databases... it's licensed by user name and machine

Also... you might need to be running a Chinese operating system for this.

I'd suggest contacting Michael Ranck from ERS ... you can find his details here:

http://www.glcomputing.com.au/support/1

Mike - Thank you for your suggestions. It's amazing how useful this forum is for technically challenged folks like me!

I am trying to provide ERS/ Michael Ranck as a possible solution to our administrative team. However, I followed the link shown for Michael and was taken to website for a company that is unrelated to ACT in any way (actually this comapny builds portable toilets -ouch). My apologies if I am making a mistake of some kind. Is there a new website for ERS... or maybe Michael is out of the business?

I think the domain is right...it's in Chinese.

Did you try the email address?

Email sent... thank you so much Mike!