Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Moving to a new computer

Nickel Contributor

Moving to a new computer

What is the best way to move my ACT! 2010 Version 12 to a new computer? I know how to back up to an external HD and then doing a Restore. But I downloaded the ACT! upgrade online. Can I download again to a new computer as long as I have my Serial Number and Activaction Code? Where on the Sage web site would I find this upgrade download?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Moving to a new computer

If you have a backup of your database, then the easiest way is to just install to your new machine, register using your existing serial number, and the restore the backup on the new machine. When restoring the database, you will need to use the "Restore As" option. If you purchased the download from us, you can redownload from the email confirmation. If you cannot locate the download, please respond to this post. You can also copy the ACT!2010 directory that is directly on your C: drive (not the one in Program Files) to an external drive and move it to the new computer. This directory would have been unzipped from your original download and would have been used to install ACT!

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Is this the same for a synced copy ?
Platinum Super Contributor

Review the following article for instructions on moving a synchronizing database: KB Article 19817

Greg Martin
Sage