Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Moving one contact between Act and Outlook

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Moving one contact between Act and Outlook

Is there a way to move one contact between Act and Outlook.   I'm good with entering the contact in either system, but need it in the other.   I can do the wizard, but that goes through all my contacts and take a fair amount of time.   I see there are some buttons at the top of my screen which I think might do it, but they are greyed out.

Thanks!!!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author tal1956
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Moving one contact between Act and Outlook

Hello Tal1956,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

While there is an option in Act! to import your Outlook contacts, there is no built-in feature for importing an individual record.  From Act! you can export a single contact record to Excel (or CSV) file and then import it into Outlook.  While it is possible to copy a single contact between the programs (using the import/export steps) it would probably much easier/faster to simply enter the data into both programs.

Note: There is no built-in function that will synchronize the Act! and Outlook contacts.

If you will be wanting to repeat this process on a consistent basis and keep the data synchronized, you may want to look at add-ons that will synchronize Act! and Outlook.  Two possible options are '123 Synchronizer' and 'Double Look'.  For a more complete list of add-ons visit this link: http://sagepss.com/Solutions.aspx?p=1

An easy way to export 1 contact in Act! to an Excel spreadsheet:

- customize columns in Contact List view to desired fields (go to List view > View menu > Customize Columns)

- Lookup desired contact

- click on Export to Excel icon > it will create an Excel spreadsheet mirroring the Contact List data

Note: if Excel is not available (Export to Excel grayed out) you can use the File > Export > Text Delimited file > Current Lookup option to export the single contact. 

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author tal1956
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Tal1956,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

While there is an option in Act! to import your Outlook contacts, there is no built-in feature for importing an individual record.  From Act! you can export a single contact record to Excel (or CSV) file and then import it into Outlook.  While it is possible to copy a single contact between the programs (using the import/export steps) it would probably much easier/faster to simply enter the data into both programs.

Note: There is no built-in function that will synchronize the Act! and Outlook contacts.

If you will be wanting to repeat this process on a consistent basis and keep the data synchronized, you may want to look at add-ons that will synchronize Act! and Outlook.  Two possible options are '123 Synchronizer' and 'Double Look'.  For a more complete list of add-ons visit this link: http://sagepss.com/Solutions.aspx?p=1

An easy way to export 1 contact in Act! to an Excel spreadsheet:

- customize columns in Contact List view to desired fields (go to List view > View menu > Customize Columns)

- Lookup desired contact

- click on Export to Excel icon > it will create an Excel spreadsheet mirroring the Contact List data

Note: if Excel is not available (Export to Excel grayed out) you can use the File > Export > Text Delimited file > Current Lookup option to export the single contact. 

Greg Martin
Sage

Very helpful!!!   Thank you very much!!!